Yoga is one of the fastest-growing fitness activities worldwide, and qualified yoga instructors are in high demand. The Yoga Instructor Certification describes the knowledge, skills and abilities yoga instructors need in order to be competent and effective teachers. This certification provides 69 asanas postures with more than 300 photos demonstrating the postures, verbal & visual cues, specific hands-on adjustment to help students achieve desired posture, modifications for each posture for the different skill levels, and a DVD that shows how to achieve the most accurate positions.
Our Yoga Instructor Certification provides simple yet comprehensive cues that teachers can use to bring students into proper alignment and deeper mental focus, and detailed instructions on making safe hands-on adjustments and modifications for students. This Yoga Instructor Certification presents ways to structure a class with flexible teaching plans in a variety of settings, such as schools, community centers, fitness clubs, and wellness centers.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Learn the qualities and knowledge Yoga Instructors need in order to be competent and effective teachers
- Learn the industry standards for Yoga Instructors in accordance with the Yoga Alliance and its national Yoga Teachers’ Registry
- Learn the verbal and visual cues to use in teaching each posture
- Learn specific hands-on adjustments to help students achieve each posture
- Learn modifications for each posture and effective ways to work with different abilities in the same class
- Know how to prepare your own class outlines, lesson plans and syllabus from the samples provided in the text
- Know how to structure classes in a variety of school and community settings
- Know how to identify body-segment kinematics and muscles used in individual postures
- Know the progressions for each position
- Learn from the course DVD how to do hands on adjustments so you can help your students perfect their postures
- Understand the different types of yoga
- Understand how to create the proper class environment, safety, comfort, atmosphere and other concerns
- Understand the proper yoga breathing techniques
- Understand the yoga postures, major body systems, energy anatomy, human movement systems, mechanics of asanas, and adjustment guidelines
- Understand the yoga class framework, class outlines, lesson plans and class descriptions
CERTIFICATION PACKAGE CONTENTS
- Study Guide
- Web Resources
- 100 question (multiple choice, open book) certification exam
- You will receive the links to the course materials and exam within 24-48hrs of purchase.
- CPR/First Aid Certified highly recommended, but not required.